[yocto] Selecting gcc version

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Jun 25 13:32:27 PDT 2012

On 25 Jun 2012, at 20:56, Chris Tapp wrote:

> How do I select the version of gcc to use for a build?
>
> I'm having some issues building a working kernel for the RPi under Denzil, which is using gcc 4.6.3. The 'official' kernel uses gcc 4.5.1.
>
> I thought it may be worth trying gcc-csl-arm-2008q1, but I can't work out how to select this. I've tried setting
>
> PREFERRED_VERSION_gcc = "csl-arm-2008q1"
>
> in my machine.conf, but the build is still using 4.6.3.

Got it - that should have been GCCVERSION= ...

However, that still doesn't give me a working toolchain as there are no gcc-runtime or libgcc versions to go with it.

So, the real question should be "Is there another toolchain I can use for an arm6? If there is, how do I select it?"

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com