[yocto] use of build appliance

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 04:34:34 PDT 2012

with the recent discussion on this mailing list on Build Appliance, I
thought I'd see what the heck Build Appliance was all about.  I quickly
realized that I couldn't use it because I have a Macbook Pro as my portable
PC and not a Windows PC. A Core i7 Ubuntu desktop is my main development
tool.

What I do is run VirtualBox on my Mac with a virtual machine for Ubuntu
10.4 LTS.  I can run Hob, or any other part of poky-bitbake, etc.

What am I missing by doing my solution vs. the Build appliance??

Jim A