[yocto] Problem in downloading linux-yocto source behind proxy

Venkata ramana gollamudi ramana.gollamudi at huawei.com
Fri Jun 22 06:03:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

        We tried to build yocto release downloaded from autobuilder
                http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/nightly/20120621-3/yocto.tar.bz2

        We work behind a http proxy and firewall setup from office network.

        Previously we used to build by setting PREMIRRORS to
                git://.*/.*   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
        as all the source is available in the above mentioned mirror path for every RC release.

        1) But now we couldnot find linux-yocto source at (for 1.3M1RC1 or RC2 release)
                i.e http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/git2_git.yoctoproject.org.linux-yocto-3.4.git.tar.gz

        2) I remember that there was a discussion to enable readonly way of accessing git through http.
                Is it currently available?

        Please suggest some alternative mechanism.

Regards,
Ramana