[yocto] Error: PATH contains '.' or '', which will break the build, please remove this.

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:22:48 PDT 2012

Hi Khem,
                   I noticed that my PATH variable had an extra colon :  , once I fixed that, bitbake starts to work.

However, I still get the following warnings:

WARNING: BBPATH references the current directory, either through an empty entry, or a '.'.
	 This is unsafe and means your layer configuration is adding empty elements to BBPATH.
	 Please check your layer.conf files and other BBPATH settings to remove the current working directory references.

How can I fix this?

The output of the following command is empty

$ bitbake -e core-image-minimal | grep -e "^BBPATH="

$

I don't know what to do, to diagnose the problem and get rid of the warning.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson