[yocto] Dependency Tree

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 21 05:04:47 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 16:28:02 Jim Rucker wrote:
> Thanks for the help
> "how did you conclude that its a prerequisite with external toolchain and
> not with internal toolchain?"
> Because this system doesn't have network access, so I have to transfer
> files to the system manually and use the PREMIRROR feature. When I build
> using the internal toolchain I never needed to grab qemu.
> Side note- after researching this it looks like qemu was needed for
> localization files required by eglibc, while the internal gcc uses a prebuilt
> localization file.

This is something that has apparently been fixed post-denzil. I think you just
need to set the following:

GLIBC_INTERNAL_USE_BINARY_LOCALE = "precompiled"
ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION = ""

> Although I'm able to build without network access on edison, I can't seem
> to get it to work on denzil. I seem to get pretty far, but when I get to a
> git repository, it doesn't seem to work. I have the file
> "git2_git.yoctoproject.org.prelink-cross.git.tar.gz", but it never seems to
> try to access it. Any suggestions?

So this suggests that you don't have the prelink-cross git archive in your
local mirror (assuming PREMIRRORS is set up to also redirect git URIs); hence
it is trying to go out to the internet to get it.

By the way, do you have BB_NO_NETWORK = "1" set? If not then you should set
this in local.conf.

Cheers,
Paul

--