[yocto] VERIFIED vs CLOSED in yocto bugzilla

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 20 08:48:59 PDT 2012

On 06/20/2012 08:27 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Burton, Ross<ross.burton at intel.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Agreed -- hiding CLOSED would be my proposal as it doesn't add any
>> meaning, just complicates the lifecycle.
>
> I think yes hiding closed it ok since it does not change much in fix.
> I wouldnt say it complicates but it completes the life cycle
> since the owner for closing action is submitter. it closes the life
> cycle nicely.

The bug verification is the responsibility of the submitter, not the
assignee/owner. So there could be 2 actions here, one is the submitter
has verified this (added any test cases to testoipa for future
regression testing. The second is, as Laurentiu suggests, marking closed
by the QA team when releases does it's final regression testing.

So yes, I could see hiding CLOSED and leaving the final state as
VERIFIED, but I can see further value of using the CLOSED state to
indicate that it passed regression at the end of the release cycle.

So this should also act as a reminder to submitters to "verify" there bugs!

Sau!