[yocto] trouble running hob on Debian

Dallas Clement dallas.a.clement at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:31:01 PDT 2012

I'm experiencing some grief trying to run hob from my Debian Squeeze (6.0.5).

[dallasc /development/dallasc/yocto/poky/build] hob
FATAL: Gtk+, PyGtk and PyGobject are required to use Hob,
You have Gtk+ 2.20.1 and PyGtk 2.17.0.

I believe I have all these packages installed.  Perhaps it needs newer
versions of these packages?

i A libgtk2.0-0                     - The GTK+ graphical user interface library
i   python-gtk2                     - Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
i   python-gobject                  - Python bindings for the GObject library
i   python-gobject-dev              - Development headers for the GObject Python

Any advice on how to debug further?

I just installed git poky today, so should be up to date.

Thanks,

Dallas