[yocto] trouble building bsp for arm

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Tue Jun 19 10:17:18 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 10:29 -0500, Dallas Clement wrote:
> Okay, using the git poky, I was able to build the bsp.  It seems that
> the tarball version is not able to complete this step:
>
> Getting branches from remote repo git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.2...

OK, glad that the git poky worked for you.  I just did a download of the
denzil tarball and wasn't able to reproduce the problem, so I'm not sure
why the git update would work for you but tarball wouldn't.  There was a
fix for Yocto bug 2219 as mentioned in the denzil release notes that
would be the only difference in the yocto-bsp tool, but it doesn't sound
like that's what you hit.

Regarding master, you should note that I submitted a patch yesterday to
fix a problem with the qemu machines and X in master, Yocto bug 2559:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/7087

So if you have problems with X in the generated qemu bsp image, that
should fix it (and should be pulled into poky/master soon).

Thanks,

Tom