[yocto] why does yocto dev manual emphasize meta-intel BSP layer so much?

Tyler Jones tylerjones64 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:02:16 PDT 2012

On 19 June 2012 02:29, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> "Supported Board Support Packages (BSPs): The Yocto Project provides
> a layer called meta-intel and it is maintained in its own separate Git
> repository. The meta-intel layer contains many supported BSP
> Layers..."
>
>  well, yes, but that makes it sound like it's the *only* BSP layer of
> any consequence.  perhaps that could be reworded?
>
> rday

It could be reworded but you have to remember that Intel is supporting the
Yocto Project [1].
I recall that there is a link to the OE Layer Index [2] in the
documentation that has many BSP layers.
I do like how it is worded on the downloads page [3] under the BSP section,
though I feel reference to the OE Layer Index [2] should be put on this
page as well.

[1] http://www.osnews.com/story/23963/Intel_Announces_The_Yocto_Project
[2] http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex
[3] http://www.yoctoproject.org/download