[yocto] developing with devshell and effect of the bitbake.conf file

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Thu Jun 14 08:46:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

I want to throw this out for discussion.  I recently was looking at a section in the YP Reference manual (http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#platdev-appdev-devshell) where it talks about developing using devshell.  I asked Darren Hart if this was a valid development model and he says it is.  There is a part of the section though that talks about the bitbake.conf file.  That section in the conf file does not seem to exist anymore.  And, Darren (after some testing) doesn't see how what is in the bitbake.conf file affects development with devshell.  Any comments welcome.

Thanks,
ScottR