[yocto] live image types and qemu machines

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Thu Jun 14 08:09:03 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The current Hob allows you to build images for a qemu machine selecting
'live' as your image type. To me (with my pitiful knowledge) this doesn't
make much sense: would I want to deploy an image built for a
virtualisation environment in a real piece of hardware?

So here goes a question: should we allow Hob users, who are mainly people
new to the Yocto project, to select the 'live' image type when building
images for qemu machines?

This might sound like a silly question, but it has a pretty big impact on
the Settings dialog and on the number of variations we need to create for
our 'Image details' screen, which appears after the build finishes and
displays logical next steps (like run the image or deploy your image to
external storage).

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Belen

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)