[yocto] ERROR : QA issue : package AAAA rdepends on BBBB-dev

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 13 03:36:53 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 13 June 2012 09:38:32 Kilou Zelabia wrote:
> What does this mean ? Why it is forbidden to have a run-time dependency on a
> "-dev" package ?

Because that's usually not correct. The -dev package includes headers and
other development files for the target. Is that really what package AAAA needs
at runtime?

> I'v seen some recipes setting INSANE_SKIP to "1" can this helps ?

You would need to use INSANE_SKIP_AAAA += "dev-deps". But I would encourage
you to verify that this is what you really need before doing it.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton