[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Wed Jun 13 00:36:33 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Beth, Nitin, Saul, Jessica, ScottG, ScottR, Michael, Cristian, Tom, Richard, Bjorn, Gilbert, Denys, Alex, Paul, Jim, Mark, Josh, Jefro, Jeff,  Sahad, Andrea, Russ, Laurentiu, Bogdan, Radu, Bruce, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* 1.2.1 update - 5 min (ScottG)
  - 13 bugs open, 3 of those fixes in the testing tree.
  - our target day for RC1 is 18th. We will need to revaluate this list.
  - Sent the list to mailing list. RP review.
* 1.1.2 update - 5 min (Josh/Beth)
  - 2  x32 issues. Another change yesterday.
  - One issue remaining, Beth will work Josh on this one.
  - Nitin will review the x32 patches.
  - ETA: sometime next week.
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
    - Most of the features are merged into master. No special concern on M1 features left on schedule. Dave/Richard/Kevin will review all P1 features next week.
    - bug fixing: WDD trending up. Fixed about 25 bugs last week. Total # of medium+ bugs came down from last week. RP: we need to be consistent on bug metrics.
    - UK team is coming back, Saul is back from travelling, will focus more on bug fixing this week
    - This week is the stabilization week of M1, bug owners should focus more on bug fixing.
    - This week is also the planning week of M2. Everyone should re-evaluate  the all features on the schedule and re-plan M2 features if necessary. Estimate should be adjusted if needed.
 - Build status (Beth): Running a build now, some failures we need to look at. Pre-RC1 will be started later today. If there is no change, it will be RC1. Formal RC1 will be kicked off tomorrow.

* LTSI discussion - 10 min (Sean/Bruce/team)
  - Bruce: we are going to use the next LTSI (3.4 kernel). We are going to test LTSI out of Yocto with 3.4 kernel. We have 3.0, 3.2, 3.4, LTSI based on 3.4, Yocto dev branch will be chasing 3.5.
  - Saul: LTSI group is interested in seeing the information reflected back on our website.
  - Laurentiu will have someone from the QA team to cover possible additional testing on LTSI.
* SWAT team rotation: Jessica -> Dexuan
* Opens - 5 min
* Team sharing - 20 min
 - Bruce: Done working on the kernel tree. Updated RT for 3.4, created externally visible tracker for changes going into the kernel. Got it on yp.org, it's git interface.
 - Radu: starting working on system D integration. Radu could talk to Paul, Ross, send email to the list if there is any questions.
 - Micahel: Integrating testopia in Bugzilla for the Romania QA team. worked on packaging scripts, adding new repos, rsync, traffic control, bugzilla re-org, sorting out issues ScottR. Review today, can have this live right after review.
 - Ross: web browser integration. Having some hardware issues now.
 - Mark: RPM changes went in, any issues pls let Mark know.
 - Jim: posted wiki the web hob design. Quick screen cast. It's blue-sky thinking. Please review and give us some feedback.
 - Tom: fixed some build problems for denzil. Fixed a couple 1.2.1 bugs. Kernel recipes from Bruce. Scripting support this week.
 - ScottR: enhancement on several mannuls. Continue that this week.
 - ScottG: working on 1.2.1.
 - Jessica: tested latest eclipse release. Working on the build. ADT and eclipse.
 - Saul: Got back from LinuxCon Japan. Pretty good turnout on the presentation. Will work on the consolidated pull, bug triage. Need to focus a little more on the
 - Nitin: helping Bogdan to take over some of the tool chain tasks, taking over BSPs from Tom.
 - Beth: working on some autobuilder issues. This week will work on internal stuff.