[yocto] denzil bug status.

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Tue Jun 12 11:14:43 PDT 2012

Hello,

As we are less than a week from our intended release candidate freeze
date (June 18) for the denzil point-release, I had a meeting with
Richard Purdie and Saul Wold to go over the final bug list and assess
the remaining work. Here is a summary of the results of that meeting.

The bug numbers I'm referring to can be found on the Yocto Project
bugzilla site: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org

Bug 1258 - [crownbay] Xorg eats lots of CPU time after standby
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: Tom Zanussi needs hardware to reproduce the bug, and expects to
have a crownbay system in the next day or two. We will revisit this bug
once he's had a chance to investigate and assess its impact.

Bug 1465 - bitbake cannot fetch local files from SRC_URI when -b is used
STATUS: Patch under review on oe-core ML
NOTES: A patch for this was just sent out to the oe-core ML this
morning, so a fix is under review.

Bug 1823 - [Bealgeboard C4] keyboard could not work with 20111207 build
STATUS: Just needs documentation
NOTES: This appears to be a documentation issue; we will mention the
required boot parameters in the release notes for 1.2.1

Bug 2069 - Clutter run failed in qemux86/qemux86_64 on
ubuntu/Opensuse/Fedora
STATUS: Deferred to 1.3
NOTES: This appears to be a qemugl issue rather than a bug in clutter.
The fix for this is likely to be too invasive and the bug has been moved
to the next major release.

Bug 2328 - Some RPM package file format is not correct on Beagleboard
platform
STATUS: Deferred to 1.3, document case in release notes
NOTES: The fixes required for this are definitely too invasive for a
point-release. Rather we will document this case in the release notes.

Bug 2329 - Forwarding only sometimes works from qemu connman-based images
STATUS: Patch under review on oe-core ML
NOTES: This is ready and in my sgarman/denzil-next branch, will be
included in my next denzil pull request later today.

Bug 2336 - Proxy sanity check message is getting burried
STATUS: Patch under review on oe-core ML
NOTES: This is ready and in my sgarman/denzil-next branch, will be
included in my next denzil pull request later today.

Bug 2363 - duplicated bash causes do_rootfs failed on Fedora 17
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: Saul agreed to try to reproduce the bug on a new Fedora 17 system
he's setting up today.

Bug 2374 - [eglibc] mtrace should be packaged on it's own
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: We have half a fix for this but it breaks poky-tiny. Richard
suggested a fix that could be applied to the poky-tiny distro config
that would resolve the second half. Will be testing this ASAP.

Bug 2384 - Update distro version warning to not warn about new
Ubuntu/Fedora/OpenSUSE releases
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: This is a trivial fix I should have a patch out for soon.

Bug 2452 - qemu Unable to find pseudo binary in /usr/bin/
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: I need to reproduce this issue and get a closer look at it. There
is some risk we may need to defer if the fix is complex.

Bug 2477 - yocto-7-denzil : core-image-sato doesn't work with Atom N550
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: Due to inactivity on this bug I have sent an email to the
reporter asking for a status update. Depending on the outcome of that we
may still be able to resolve it, but there is high risk we won't.

Bug 2503 - task-base-extended depends on libc6 >=2.15, 2.13 is built
STATUS: Still in progress
NOTES: Richard has been assigned this bug and will look into it
tomorrow. Significant risk we may need to defer it if the fix is complex.

--
Scott Garman
Embedded Linux Engineer - Yocto Project