[yocto] Grub installation

Jürgen Messerer juergen.messerer at bbv.ch
Mon Jun 11 07:12:46 PDT 2012

Hi

I have the following problem. I have created with yocto a core-image-minimal for x86 which I could test with qemu.

later I added the following lines to conf/local.conf at the end according to the manual chapter 4.2.4:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " bash"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " strace"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " grub"

Bash and strace were installed correctly.
In the case of grub I couldn't find the directory /boot/grub.

/etc/grub.d is installed also the folder /usr/lib/grub

Question 1:
Which grub recipe does yocto install from  poky-denzil-7.0/meta/recipes-bsp/grub/
I would prefer version 1.99.

Questin 2:
Will yocto not install a /boot/grub directory?

I would appreciate any tips and tricks to install grub correctly in the core-image-minimal

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Juergen