[yocto] Hob implementation: vanilla or branded?

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Fri Jun 8 07:28:55 PDT 2012

Vanilla 5 - branded 0 :)

Shane, Dongxiao and Alex: from an implementation point of view, I guess
this means eliminating any hardcoded UI-related values (button colours and
styles, for example). Joshua: if you have a rough idea of the things that
will need to be changed from the work you did before the 1.2 release,
please let us know. I think we should keep the existing icons, though.
What do you think?

Shane: will I log this in bugzilla so that you can assign it a milestone
and an owner?

Thanks

Belen

On 31/05/2012 20:01, "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

>Hi Belen,
>
>On 31 May 2012 17:55, Barros Pena, Belen <belen.barros.pena at intel.com>
>wrote:
>> As part of the Hob work for the 1.3 release it looks like we need to
>>make
>> a visual design and implementation decision: do we want a 'vanilla' or a
>> 'branded' look for Hob? Sorry if the choice of words is not the best.
>> Neither 'vanilla' nor 'branded' are meant in any negative way.
>
>Vanilla, definitely.  Aside from sticking out like a sore thumb on the
>user's desktop, a "branded" interface in something like GTK+ is
>normally trickier to implement.
>
>Ross

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)