[yocto] something about gtk+-2.24.8.tar.bz2 that requires constant downloading?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jun 3 15:02:54 PDT 2012

  for a yocto talk to my local LUG later this week, i want to build a
simple core-image-sato image for qemux86 and, for quite some time,
i've kept a local download directory for tarballs, and taken advantage
of it with this in all of my local.conf files:

SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///home/rpjday/dl/"
INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1"
# BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"

  obviously, as i notice newer tarballs getting downloaded, i'll just
copy them into ~/dl so it doesn't happen again.  works fine, except
today with gtk+-2.24.8.tar.bz2 which, even after i made a copy of it
in ~/dl, the build still *insists* on downloading it from
download.gnome.org.

  i don't see any obvious problem -- the checksum of the tarball
appears correct, it's a regular file, the tarball downloaded is
*exactly* the same as the one i've saved in ~/dl and yet, of all the
tarballs i have stashed away there, that one is the *only* one that is
downloaded each time.

  am i missing something obvious?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca