[yocto] about syslog configurable

Xu, HongnaX hongnax.xu at intel.com
Fri Jun 1 03:26:04 PDT 2012

Hi all
  QA check if syslog could be configured and run without problem on BSPs with the latest poky/master tree.
We found that the feature had been changed, so we could not check it, so is there anybody tell us how to check?
our test steps followed:
1.Get a Yocto image from autobuilder or local build.
2.Launch image and check if syslog is started by default in background with ps command.
3.Modify /etc/syslog-startup.conf, change the LOGFILE to /var/log/messages.test
4.Restart syslog with command "/etc/init.d/syslog restart"
5.check if syslog is started in background with ps command
6.Check if there file generated under /var/log/message.test

Best Regards,
Hongna