[yocto] [Yocto] general question about how certain features get processed into packages

Tim Verstraete Tim.Verstraete at medecbenelux.be
Tue Jul 31 02:15:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

This might be a newbie question but i have not yet found the answer in the documentation.

So let's say I want to know what core-image-core has as packages ... then I found the following trace back:

-        Core-image-core.bb uses core-image-base.bb with X11 variables ==> both use core-image.bbclass

-        Core-image.bbclass defines the tasks that needs to be done for core-image-core.bb

o   Task-core-apps-console

o   Task-core-x11-base

o   Apps-x11-core ==> task-core-apps-x11-core

o   Package management ==> ...

o   Task-core-boot

o   Task-base-extended

o   Use image.bbclass

Now my question is, where can I find what for example task-core-apps-console exactly is as package collection? Since this is a core task list I thought I would find it in /meta/recipes-core/tasks but no luck, I did find task-core-boot there but that is it ...

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Tim