[yocto] do QEMU images really come with dropbear and an nfs server?

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Fri Jul 27 10:38:12 PDT 2012

>    the yocto dev manual currently suggests that QEMU images come with
> both dropbear and an nfs server:
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#using-pre-built-binaries-and-qemu
>
> i don't have a QEMU image in front of me to test, but the definition
> of the basic QEMU images doesn't seem to suggest that that's true.
>
>    i can see it's easy to add them, but the manual suggests they're
> there by default.  or am i misreading something?

It looks like we may need a manual tweak here.

core-image-minimal does not come with any ssh server. core-image-lsb
should have openssh instead of dropbear. So unless something changed
very recently, core-image-sato is the only one that has dropbear in it
by default.

Also, the manual states "The QEMU images also contain an embedded
Network File System (NFS) server that exports the image's root
filesystem." This isn't strictly true - instead we offer a native tool
which runs a userspace NFS server and if some prep work is done by the
user (extracting a rootfs tarball with runqemu-extract-sdk), you can
then point the runqemu script to that directory instead of a rootfs
image file.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Scott

--