[yocto] Usb-serial device support

Giovanni Foiani fnognn at unife.it
Fri Jul 27 10:24:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I built a distribution for iMX53 QSB with kernel 2.6.35-3 and I need
support for USB-serial devices.
When I plug the usb-serial converter I get this error..

*usb wakeup is here

                        *
*otg host Remote wakeup

                                         *
*usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 3

                                          *
*usb 1-1: device v067b p2303 is not supported *

I tried to recompile linux-imx kernel adding support for USB-serial
devices, I run:

   - bibake linux-imx -c menuconfig
   - added support for usb-serial devices in menuconfig
   - bitbake -f -c compile linux-imx
   - bitbake linux-imx

..but it didn't work..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Giovanni
--

Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani

Cell:        +39-349-3577515
Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
mail:        giovanni.foiani at unife.it
CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)