[yocto] Help with configuring Yocto with an external toolchain

Sree sreekanth.nandakumar at csr.com
Wed Jul 25 03:20:13 PDT 2012

Chris Larson <clarson at ...> writes:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:39 AM, Radha Krishna Srimanthula
> <srimanthula.radhakrishna at ...> wrote:
> > I have an armv5tej platform for which I need put in place, a toolchain and
> > build system. It is in this regard that I need some help:
> >
> > Can Yocto use an external toolchain (we use CodeSourcery)? If so, how do I
> > configure Yocto to use the external toolchain? I went through the
developers
> > and user manuals of Yocto - am not too sure how to go about doing this. Can
> > you please help me with this?
>
> TCMODE = "external-csl"
> EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN = "/path/to/sourcery/toolchain"

Hi

I have added TCMODE?= "external-csl" in local.conf &  EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN
= "/path/to/sourcery/toolchain"(pre-built tool chain) in tcmode-external-
csl.inc i get an error when i try to build.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'csl_version_handler' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "csl_version_handler(e)", line 12, in csl_version_handler
(e=<bb.event.ConfigParsed object at 0x87807cc>)
  File "csl-versions.inc", line 4, in csl_get_gdb_version
(d=<bb.data_smart.DataSmart object at 0x8af1e2c>)
NameError: global name 'CmdError' is not defined

Can you let me know how to rectify this error