[yocto] Yocto and Google Protocol Buffers

Giovanni Foiani fnognn at unife.it
Wed Jul 25 03:04:54 PDT 2012

Thanks Ross,

Protocol Buffer README file says:

*** Note for cross-compiling ***
*
*  The makefiles normally invoke the protoc executable that they just*
*  built in order to build tests.  When cross-compiling, the protoc*
*  executable may not be executable on the host machine.  In this case,*
*  you must build a copy of protoc for the host machine first, then use*
*  the --with-protoc option to tell configure to use it instead.  For*
*  example:*
*
*
*    ./configure --with-protoc=protoc*
*
*
*  This will use the installed protoc (found in your $PATH) instead of*
*  trying to execute the one built during the build process.  You can*
*  also use an executable that hasn't been installed.  For example, if*
*  you built the protobuf package for your host machine in ../host,*
*  you might do:*
*
*
*    ./configure --with-protoc=../host/src/protoc*
*
*
I think I have to use this last option and point to the executable into the
i696-linux sysroot..
Can I do this overriding do_configure task? Like this:

*do_configure() {*
*    ./configure --with-protoc=/path/to/sysroot/i686-linux/usr/bin/protoc*
*}*
*
*
I tried this way but I got a "permission denied" error..

*/bin/bash: line 8: ../-libtool: Permission denied*
*| make[3]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 126*

How can I solve this error?

Thanks

Giovanni
--

Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani

Cell:        +39-349-3577515
Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
mail:        giovanni.foiani at unife.it
CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)