[yocto] Yocto .sdcard file missing after build

Giovanni Foiani fnognn at unife.it
Wed Jul 25 02:07:13 PDT 2012

Please look at my notes below..

Thanks

Giovanni
--

Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani

Cell:        +39-349-3577515
Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
mail:        giovanni.foiani at unife.it
CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Giovanni Foiani <fnognn at unife.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I built some images using the latest Yocto release (with Hob) on a Ubuntu
>> 10.04 32 bit, but when the process finishes (with success) I can't find
>> .sdcard files into "*tmp/deploy/images*" folder.
>>

> Not all images create .sdcard files. What image are you talking about? sd
> images are used for machines like imx / rpi where rootfs and/or kernel
> and/or boot-loader are used from sd. In qemu ext3 images are used for
> rootfs and kernel loaded separately.

I'm building images for iMX53QSB so my situation is where rootfs and/or
kernel and/or boot-loader are used from sd card.
I'm trying to build a qt4-demo-image, do I have to put any configuration
into qt4-demo-image.bb to enable .sdcard creation?

> Some time ago I built some other images using a Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit and
>> .sdcard files were created properly.
>> Could it be a problem of max file size in Ubuntu 10.04?
>> Another question...sdcard files that I built using Ubuntu 11.04 (32 bit)
>> were about 3 GByte, is there a way or configuration to reduce this size?
>>
>> Yes. Use a compression extension. For example sdcard.xz.

Is this also a  qt4-demo-image.bb configuration to set?

Thanks