[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Jul 24 16:14:18 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Laurentiu, Ciby, Jessica, Michael, Paul, Dave, Saul, Richard, Russ, Bogdan, Alex, Kevin, Jeff, Sean, Darren, Nitin, ScottR, Chris, Song

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.3 M2 release readiness - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status#Milestone_2
  - RC1 passed the full pass test, test report is out in the public mailing list.
  - We moved some P1 items from M2 to M3, some of them are already completed and merged in master. CCB has been notified and approved the movement of these P1 items.
  - had an issue with mpc BSP, blocked testing on that BSP. Now we have a fix in the master branch, QA has completed testing for that BSP.
  - Performance has a little degradation, from 120 to 127 minutes. Another half of patches in master could help improve performance.
  - Overall, the team agrees to release RC1 for M2.
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status
   - Bug counts is going up a little. The trend has been going on for a few weeks. The team needs to focus more on bug fixing.
  - We have a lot of work for M3, some of them are still in scheduled stage. Please update them in Bugzilla if you already started working on them.
  - Saul: Should have the weekly build tomorrow on master.
* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Nitin
* Opens - 10 min
* Team sharing - 20 min
  - Mark: coming up with design for installation infrastructure and image generation,  should be done by the end of week. Please let me know if you have comments. This is mainly to figure out a way to install ... RP: some of these have been done in the past. Mark: yes, but there is a gap. Will start publishing things on the public mailing list when we have something concrete.  Darren: Tom and I have more interests, related to EFI support, will bring Tom in the discussion when he's back from vacation.
  - Pau l: finished complimentary package installation, Rootfs. hitting some env size limit, ended up doing some performance work on rpm backend. Will increase the time to build a little bit. It could be much worse without the optimization work. Worked on build history, dependency information more efficiently. Next thing reduction of dependency, etc.
  - Alex: The Romania team is doing package upgrade now. Will continue features development and bug fixing after that
  - ScottR: documentation has undergone some extensive terminology change. ADT manual has been renamed to application developer's guide. These changes are all in doc's dev area. Available here: http://www.yoctoproject.org/documentation/docs-in-progress   . Check out that area and feel free to comments.
  - Darren: working on the FRI II BSP, fixing some kernel meta data bugs for the pre-empt RT kernel. Fixing some other kernel bugs.
  - Micahel: working on 1.1.2, working on releasing that, should be out today. Log aggregation. Working on optimizing backups. Cutting out what we don't need. Improve efficiency. Oscon, meet yocto team f2f, continue to plan for the future upgrade rack to be able to use more electricity without paying more.