[yocto] poky git pull merge failures

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Sat Jul 21 12:54:45 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 21 July 2012 at 20:15, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> I guess I have to reset the meta-openembedded layer as well.

Yes:

ERROR: ParseError at /tool/yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/networkmanager/networkmanager_0.9.2.0.bb:60: unparsed line: '<<<<<<< HEAD'

That's a merge conflict marker in a meta-oe file.

"git pull" giving merge problems is user error: you pulled into a branch that diverged from upstream.  If you hack on your local master, then do a git fetch and inspect the diff before merging origin/master.  A better solution (imho) is to leave local master as pristine, and branch it for any changes.

Ross