[yocto] [Solved] Re: Error: PATH contains '.' or '', which will break the build, please remove this.

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Jul 18 07:49:53 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:57 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 18 July 2012 14:46, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How's this?
>>
>> It's still slightly hard to spot there. I wonder if something like
>> this would be easier for the user?
>>
>> ERROR: Invalid PATH entry at character N: /usr/bin:/bin:
>
> That would be easier for the user, but harder to implement. :)

It'd be something like https://gist.github.com/3136618, no doubt.

But the problem is the assumption of the length of the prefix, that
is, assumption of the final formatting to the user, which isn't ideal.
What we should do, I think, is teach the UI log formatter to indent
subsequent lines based on its own prefix, so that "foo\nbar" would
show up like this:

ERROR: foo
             bar

Rather than: