[yocto] beagleboard not booting

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:01:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Edward Vidal <vidal.develone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Close to the USB I see a C and close to speaker XM I am assuming the This is
> XM-C
> What would be the process to use
>
> 3.4.x kernel and a mainline u-boot.
> I am new to poky and don't know much about bit bake and openembedded.

We are just about to update preferred version of the kernel for the
beagleboard to 3.4 .. but are just finishing with the other hardware
references first.

But everything you need for 3.4.x support is in the linux-yocto-3.4
standard/beagleboard
branch.

If you just change meta-yocto/conf/machine/beagleboard.conf to prefer
the 3.4 yocto
kernel, you are most of the way there, it currently points at 3.0

PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.0%"

(you can also do this in your local.conf .. etc).

Cheers,

Bruce

> Can you suggest where to read about using a different kernel.
> Thanks every thing helps.

thee at its end"