[yocto] Error: PATH contains '.' or '', which will break the build, please remove this.

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Jul 18 04:55:14 PDT 2012

On 18 July 2012 12:44, Axel Beierlein <belatronix at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when i start bitbake core-image-minimal i get the Error
> "PATH contains '.' or '', which will break the build, please remove this."
>
> But there is definitly no '' a whitespace or a point in my PATH.

That error could be phrased better...

If you don't have a . element, you probably have an empty element
(which is what the '' is trying to say).  For example:

/usr/bin:/bin::/home/ross/bin

The :: after /bin is bad, and it's this which needs to be removed.
This is normally due to bad concatenation when extending $PATH.

Ross