[yocto] do_configure() failure with my qt4-embedded_4.8.0.bbappend

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:11:56 PDT 2012

>> Since you're providing your own value of QT_CONFIG_FLAGS I think you're
>> missing -embedded $QT_ARCH and possibly -qtlibinfix ${QT_LIBINFIX} (see
>> meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-embedded.inc).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>>
>> --
>>
>> Paul Eggleton
>> Intel Open Source Technology Centre
>
> Whoops! I most certainly did forget to put the -embedded flag back in after
> pruning out that, -platform, -xplatform, -little-endian, etc. from my original
> config script. That certainly explains a lot.
>
> Thank you Paul!
>
> - Jon

It looks like I celebrated a tad too early. Although Qt built
successfully,  I'm finding
that I'm a bit confused with qmake and the qt libinfix situation.
>From what I gather looking
at recipes-qt/qt4/* a bit, the point here is to rename libs to differentiate
between the libs generated by the embedded and X11-based recipes, right?

I ended up including -qtlibinfix ${QT_LIBINFIX} in my config flags, and I do
indeed see that my  qt4-embbeded libs are now in the form libQt*E.so.

However, my builds are failing because ld complains about not being able to
find QtDeclarative, QtGui, and QtCore.

Looking at the Makefile generated by qmake for one of my little HelloWorld
applications, I see that it seems that qmake did not accounted for the
"E" suffix:

  LIBS  = $(SUBLIBS)  -L$(OE_QMAKE_LIBDIR_QT) -lQtDeclarative -lQtGui
-lQtCore -lpthread

Just as a little experiment, I modified the generated Makefile to add
the "E" suffix,
to each lib and reran bitbake. This succeeded and my Qt app was built.

While I'm sure I could hack in a do_compile_prepend() to address this,
I'm assuming
that it's a configuration mess-up on my end. Given that I only changed
the DEPENDS
and QT_CONFIG_FLAGS in my .bbappend, I can't think of what I might have
neglected here that might be  affecting qmake or the mkspec.

Any hints?

Thank you,
Jon