[yocto] denzil firewall problems

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Mon Jul 16 16:57:42 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to take Denzil out for a spin, and when I do bitbake, from inside
Sony (behind our corporate firewall) I get this:

(I was doing 'bitbake poky-image-sato')
-------------
ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Failed to fetch test data from the network. Please ensure your network is configured correctly.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed
-------------

I tried to follow the instructions at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Working_Behind_a_Network_Proxy
but nothing worked.  These look like instructions for SOCKS proxies.
I only have access to HTTP proxies.

Here's what I got from 'bitbake -DDD -v poky-image-sato', after configuring an 'nc'-based git-proxy:
-------------
DEBUG: Fetcher accessed the network with the command git ls-remote git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-firewall-test HEAD
DEBUG: Running export HOME="/a/home/tbird"; export SSH_AGENT_PID="1822"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/tmp/keyring-9qrJm0/ssh"; export no_proxy="localhost,127.0.0.0/8"; export
ftp_proxy="http://www-west.sony.com:80"; export http_proxy="http://www-west.sony.com:80"; export GIT_CONFIG="/a/home/tbird/work/yocto/poky-7.0-build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/etc/gitconfig"; export
GIT_PROXY_COMMAND="/usr/local/bin/git-proxy"; export
PATH="/a/home/tbird/work/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/bitbake/bin/:/a/home/tbird/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/a/home/tbird/bin/:/a/home/tbird/work/yocto/poky-denzil-7.0/scripts";
git ls-remote git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-firewall-test HEAD
ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Failed to fetch test data from the network. Please ensure your network is configured correctly.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed
--------------

I seem to recall in previous Yocto versions a mechanism to point the
package fetcher to a mirror.  Is this still available?  If so, where would
I find instructions for this?

Alternatively, I have a builder image for denzil.  Is there a way to use the
material in that image as a source mirror snapshot?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
 -- Tim

P.S. With regards to disabling the checker (as a possible workaround for
the problem), I found sanity.conf at poky-denzil-7.0/meta/conf/sanity.conf.
I looked at it (and meta/classes/sanity.bbclass) but it's not obvious
to me how I would disable it.

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment