[yocto] xserver-xorg

Marc Ferland ferlandm at sonatest.com
Mon Jul 16 10:56:20 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm having trouble building the xserver-xorg package. The build fails
with:

| render2.c: In function '__glXDisp_Map1d':
| render2.c:104:5: error: the comparison will always evaluate as 'true' for the address of 'u1' will never be NULL [-Werror=address]
| render2.c:105:5: error: the comparison will always evaluate as 'true' for the address of 'u2' will never be NULL [-Werror=address]
| render2.c: In function '__glXDisp_Map2d':
| render2.c:147:5: error: the comparison will always evaluate as 'true' for the address of 'u1' will never be NULL [-Werror=address]
| render2.c:148:5: error: the comparison will always evaluate as 'true' for the address of 'u2' will never be NULL [-Werror=address]
| render2.c:149:5: error: the comparison will always evaluate as 'true' for the address of 'v1' will never be NULL [-Werror=address]
| render2.c:150:5: error: the comparison will always evaluate as 'true' for the address of 'v2' will never be NULL [-Werror=address]
| cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

The target machine is a x86_64. Looks like the compiler doesn't like how
the __GLX_GET_DOUBLE macro tests the address of stack variables against
NULL.

I would like to know if there is a patch upstream or if this is a known
issue? What surprises me the most is that this machine looks a lot like
the meta-sugarbay which builds correctly.

Regards,

Marc