[yocto] Yocto and Qt embedded

Giovanni Foiani fnognn at unife.it
Sat Jul 14 03:15:05 PDT 2012

Hi Khem,

I have to use Yocto Denzil branch (not the latest snapshot) because I'm
developing for Freescale iMX53 QSB and fsl-arm branch is aligned with
Denzil.
>From a fresh Denzil installation I edited local.conf and bblayer.conf files
and run "bitbake meta-toolchain-qte". The command ends successfully.

So I tried to find g++ compiler using "find" command, into:

/opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/

with no success.

I found qmake command
(into /opt/poky/1.2.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin) but when I set
this Qt version in Qt creator the ABI detection fails, so I can't configure
the right toolchain inside Qt creator and I can't build my application.
Do I have to rerun the bitbake command? Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks

Giovanni

--

Dott. Ing. Giovanni Foiani

Cell:        +39-349-3577515
Phone:    +39-0532-97-4106
mail:        giovanni.foiani at unife.it
CenTec - Corso Guercino, 47 - 44042 Cento (FE)