[yocto] ERROR: QA Issue: Architecture did not match (20 to 62) on /work/virtex5-poky-linux

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 12:07:42 PDT 2012

Hi Khem,

On Jul 14, 2012, at 10:26 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ERROR: QA Issue: Architecture did not match (20 to 62) on
>> /work/virtex5-poky-linux/linux-xilinx-2.6.38-r00/packages-split/kernel-dev/usr/src/kernel/scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
>> ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
>
> This is because kernel is trying to package tools which are built for
> your build host.
> Try this patch
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/commit/?h=kraj/misc&id=e061aca8a9ad2e4342927b3d2ca4216ef3874936

The patch that you sent me works! Thank you very much for this!

I've built both linux-2.6.38 and linux-3.0.0 for the PowerPC440 processor on the Xilinx Virtex-5 processor, against the latest updates to the yocto repos, as of today.

Do you think you could apply your patch to oe-core, so that it's available mainstream?

Best regards,

Elvis