[yocto] m4 build failure - master && denzil branch

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 07:51:19 PDT 2012

On 09/07/12 15:37, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 03:34:36PM +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> So, I'm fairly sure this is a real build failure this time, again on the
>> poky master and denzil branch.
>>
>> Please see attached file as the log is too big to paste.
>
> does your host use (e)glibc-2.16?
>
> if it's so, then you need this patch for m4
> http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/31377/
>
> Cheers,

Yes it does, I saw this issue when building for the Rapsberry Pi the
other day and I pulled your patches in which worked. I had assumed it
was eglibc 2.16 on target that was causing issues not eglibc 2.16 on the
host - hence my confusion to why the Denzil branch not building. I
wonder if Saul looking into pulling these in soon?

Thanks for the explanation Martin!

Cc: sgw at linux.intel.com

Regards,

--