[yocto] New recipes not installing in core-image-minimal

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 31 10:21:17 PST 2012

On 01/27/2012 12:06 AM, Darren Hart wrote:

> On 01/27/2012 12:02 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 05:29:19PM -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
>>> In support of a new BSP I've written two new recipes and
>>> appended to another to depend on them. The new recipes files
>>> are not appearing in the resulting images. I'm sure I'm
>>> overlooking something trivial, but I'm not sure what it would
>>> be. The layer is available here:
>>>
>>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-contrib/log/?h=dvhart/sys940x

I've added ranpwd, genmac, and appended to netbase.

>>> netbase RDEPENDS on genmac and genmac RDEPENDS on ranpwd.
>>> Building core-image-minimal triggers the build of genmac and
>>> ranpwd, and the modified /etc/network/interfaces appears in
>>> the rootfs. genmac and ranpwd place the appropriate files in
>>> their workdir/image directory, but those files don't make it
>>> into the rootfs.
>>>
>>> Can anyone offer an explanation as to why that might be? The
>>> top 4 commits of the repository linked to above will list the
>>> new recipes and the bbappend for reference.
>
>> Have you tried correct version of RDEPENDS? RDEPENDS_${PN} ?
>
> I have, yes, this is what Saul suggested in his response. Same end
> result.

Apparently I had failed to cleanall my genmac recipe. So while netbase
depended on genmac, genmac was not depending on ranpwd. I can't explain
why this resulted in neither genmac nor ranpwd appearing in the rootfs
at the time. My current build installed both.

- --
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Yocto Project - Linux Kernel