[yocto] forcing a task to run while building an image

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Mon Jan 30 23:10:29 PST 2012

Hello all,
	How do I force a particular task to run every time while building an
image? At present in my custom image recipe I've added the following
lines

        SOME_VARIABLE = "Blah"
        do_bootimg[depends] += "base-files:do_install"

But the contents of ${SOME_VARIABLE} is not available in the
'base-files' recipe. Even

        export SOME_VARIABLE = "Blah"

doesn't solve the problem. So, I would like to know whether the approach
used here to force a task is correct. Moreover how can I make the
variable defined here to be available in the forced task.

Regards
Joshua

--
Joshua Immanuel