[yocto] New recipes not installing in core-image-minimal

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 26 17:57:11 PST 2012

On 01/26/2012 05:42 PM, Saul Wold wrote:
> On 01/26/2012 05:29 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
>> In support of a new BSP I've written two new recipes and appended to
>> another to depend on them. The new recipes files are not appearing in
>> the resulting images. I'm sure I'm overlooking something trivial, but
>> I'm not sure what it would be. The layer is available here:
>>
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-contrib/log/?h=dvhart/sys940x
>>
>> I've added ranpwd, genmac, and appended to netbase.
>>
>> netbase RDEPENDS on genmac and genmac RDEPENDS on ranpwd. Building
>> core-image-minimal triggers the build of genmac and ranpwd, and the
>> modified /etc/network/interfaces appears in the rootfs. genmac and
>> ranpwd place the appropriate files in their workdir/image directory, but
>> those files don't make it into the rootfs.
>>
> RDEPENDS_${PN} would work much better !

Perhaps, but it didn't fix this particular problem. Neither
/usr/bin/ranpwd nor /etc/init.d/genmac appear in the rootfs. However,
each still appears in their respective workdir/image:

$ find
tmp/work/sys940x_noemgd-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-1.0-r0/rootfs
-name "ranpwd"
<NULL>

$ find
tmp/work/sys940x_noemgd-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-1.0-r0/rootfs
-name "genmac"
<NULL>

$ ls tmp/work/core2-poky-linux/genmac-1.0-r0/image/etc/init.d/
genmac

$ ls tmp/work/core2-poky-linux/ranpwd-git-r0/image/usr/bin/
ranpwd

genmac doesn't have a log.do_install in the workdir/temp directory. Is
that significant?

ranpwd does, but it isn't instructive:

$ cat tmp/work/core2-poky-linux/ranpwd-git-r0/temp/log.do_install
DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-little', 'bit-32', 'ix86-common',
'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'i586-linux', 'common']

Any other thoughts?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center