[yocto] New recipes not installing in core-image-minimal

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 26 17:29:19 PST 2012

In support of a new BSP I've written two new recipes and appended to
another to depend on them. The new recipes files are not appearing in
the resulting images. I'm sure I'm overlooking something trivial, but
I'm not sure what it would be. The layer is available here:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-contrib/log/?h=dvhart/sys940x

I've added ranpwd, genmac, and appended to netbase.

netbase RDEPENDS on genmac and genmac RDEPENDS on ranpwd. Building
core-image-minimal triggers the build of genmac and ranpwd, and the
modified /etc/network/interfaces appears in the rootfs. genmac and
ranpwd place the appropriate files in their workdir/image directory, but
those files don't make it into the rootfs.

Can anyone offer an explanation as to why that might be? The top 4
commits of the repository linked to above will list the new recipes and
the bbappend for reference.

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart