[yocto] BeagleBone with meta-ti layer

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 03:06:35 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

I will soon be receiving a Beaglebone and I wish to transfer the work I
have been doing with Yocto on the Beagleboard over to the Beaglebone, to
show my company how the same application codebase can be run different
platforms using Linux/Yocto/etc..

I have been looking at the meta-ti layer and trying to figure out how it
works and how I will integrate it into the yocto build environment, but
I thought I would just throw a query out to see if anybody is doing this
and if there are any pitfalls I should avoid.

It would also be nice to transfer the beagleboard onto the meta-ti
config as is it manufacturer supported, is anyone doing this?

Cheers,
Jack.