[yocto] normal user for Intel BSPs?

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 25 14:18:03 PST 2012

On 01/25/2012 09:36 AM, jfabernathy wrote:
> I've noticed that the meta-intel BSP come up with the default
> terminal, serial console user, etc. as root.  What would it take to
> make my own BSP that was exactly the same, but the default was a not
> admin user, but you could su or sudo to root?

I'm adding Scott G. who I believe has been working on the useradd
scripts and such (to sanity check the following). I believe you should
be able to setup new users by extending an image recipe with a new task
to make the necessary useradd/mod etc calls on the rootfs prior to
packaging it up.

Scott, can you offer more detail on how that is done?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center