[yocto] overriding a class in custom layer

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Tue Jan 24 21:33:16 PST 2012

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 16:17 +0000, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> I'd also say, what is in the classes is intended to work for everyone,
> so if there's something in the core classes that is not working well
> for your situation we'd really like to hear about it - hopefully we
> can incorporate whatever changes you need and you can avoid having to
> overlay the entire class.

At present when we build an image, everything gets under one partition.
For my use case I need two images (denoting different partitions)
     1. rootfs image (mount point: '/', mounted as ro)
     2. data partition image (mount point: say '/data' mounted as rw)

While generating the image, I construct the /etc/fstab file manually by
representing filesystems by their uuids (generated using uuidgen). So,
to set this uuid in generated image I try to override the
image_types.bbclass and using tune2fs I set the uuid for the generated
images.

Is there any other better way of doing this?

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel