[yocto] core-image-sato-directdisk

autif khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:16:14 PST 2012

I have been using core-image-sato and core-image-sato-sdk on the hard
disk on Intel Atom (crownbay in my case).

I perform the following broad steps:

1) have a suitable partition on the disk - say partition #3
2) this partition will show up as sde3 on my host machine and sda3 on the atom
3) mkfs.ext3 /dev/sde3
4) mount /dev/sde3 /mnt/target
5) mount -o loop tmp/deploy/images/core-image-sato-sdk.ext3 /mnt/target-text3
6) cp -a /mnt/target-ext3/* /mnt/target
7) grub-install --recheck --root-directory=/mnt/target /dev/sde

If grub install passed, I copy the following to /mnt/target/boot/grub/grub.cfg

set default="0"
set timeout="30"

menuentry 'Yocto SDK' {
	insmod part_msdos
	insmod ext2
	set root='(hd0,msdos3)'
	linux /boot/bzImage root=/dev/sda3
}

Thats it - this boots for me.

Eventually, when I move to some other media, I will have to
investigate other bootloaders - like syslinux.

All the best, do tell if this works.