[yocto] Fwd: build failure on ubuntu 64bits development system

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 18 13:34:13 PST 2012

On 01/18/2012 09:05 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> FYI for those wanting to use Soft RAID, make sure you create one very
> small primary partition for GRUB2 to put the second part of the
> boot-loader in.  Can't use the old process.

I strongly recommend using a separate DISK for your OS installation.
Yocto builds are hard on disks, and RAID 0 increases your risk of
failure in exchange for the added performance. I use a small SSD for my
OS disk and a large RAID0 array of spinning disks for /build and another
array for /virt (where my VM images live - easily recreated).

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center