[yocto] Does Edison work with Beagleboard & linux-yocto-3.0 kernel?

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:48:11 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Bruce Ashfield
<bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:
> I prefer to work this way, since managing patches in a source git
> repository is much easier for me. If you only have a few patches,
> then they can just be pushed on top and added to the SRC_URI, but
> you'd be doing more development under tmp/work/ in that case .. and
> I'm paranoid about losing things :)

I know it probably isn't the best way (did it mostly because I was in
a hurry and never took the time to think about the "right" way to do
it) but I've made changes to the kernel & u-boot before in the tmp
directories (with Angstrom and Arago) and build images manually (make
uImage etc.) and that was OK for quick/dirty things but I've gotten
burned before by forgetting my changes and doing a bitbake build and
wiping out my changes.   I like the method of pointing yocto to local
git repos and think that is better for long term development as it
will contain history and would be easy to determine what changed etc.
I'd like to do something similar with u-boot and thought you guys had
worked out a defacto standard way but in looking through all the docs
it doesn't look that way.

Regards,

Brian