[yocto] Does Edison work with Beagleboard & linux-yocto-3.0 kernel?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Jan 12 08:00:43 PST 2012

On 12-01-12 10:21 AM, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> Yet another follow up.  I finally found my C3 Beagleboard and the
> default kernel built off master yesterday works on that platform too.
>
> I was able to do another build with the tips you guys gave and it
> looks like it is picking up the kernel from my local git repo now.  I
> did the "calibrate" example and while I couldn't see the printk's due
> to the silent boot being turned on somehow, uname -a was different
> than the default image .... mine is now:
>
> root at beagleboard:~# uname -a
> Linux beagleboard 3.0.14-yocto-standard+ #1 PREEMPT Thu Jan 12
> 08:45:10 EST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> And just for sanity, I made another copy of my bare clone and verified
> that I pushed the "calibrate" changes correctly.
>
> So it looks like I'm good now thanks to your help!
>
> Do I have to do a cleanall every time I'm finished pushing changes
> back to my local kernel repo?

The bitbake AUTOREV code should take care of updating the clone
of your local repo in downloads/git2. I take it that this isn't
happening ?

> Is there a document that gives clues as to how to setup a local u-boot
> repo for making changes to it?  Is is simply changing the u-boot
> recipe SRC_URI to use my local u-boot git repo in
> poky/meda/recipes-bsp/u-boot or is it more involved than that?  Is
> there a u-boot dev layer like the poky-extras/meta-kernel-dev?

It should be (largely) as simple as that. We could create something
simple and throw it in with the meta-kernel-dev layer if there's any
interest in adding it.

Cheers,

Bruce