[yocto] Does Edison work with Beagleboard & linux-yocto-3.0 kernel?

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 07:21:59 PST 2012

Yet another follow up.  I finally found my C3 Beagleboard and the
default kernel built off master yesterday works on that platform too.

I was able to do another build with the tips you guys gave and it
looks like it is picking up the kernel from my local git repo now.  I
did the "calibrate" example and while I couldn't see the printk's due
to the silent boot being turned on somehow, uname -a was different
than the default image .... mine is now:

root at beagleboard:~# uname -a
Linux beagleboard 3.0.14-yocto-standard+ #1 PREEMPT Thu Jan 12
08:45:10 EST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

And just for sanity, I made another copy of my bare clone and verified
that I pushed the "calibrate" changes correctly.

So it looks like I'm good now thanks to your help!

Do I have to do a cleanall every time I'm finished pushing changes
back to my local kernel repo?

Is there a document that gives clues as to how to setup a local u-boot
repo for making changes to it?  Is is simply changing the u-boot
recipe SRC_URI to use my local u-boot git repo in
poky/meda/recipes-bsp/u-boot or is it more involved than that?  Is
there a u-boot dev layer like the poky-extras/meta-kernel-dev?

Regards,

Brian