[yocto] where to put IMAGE_INSTALL??

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:53:38 PST 2012

There seems to be some sensitivity to where I put the statement
IMAGE_INSTALL += "web-webkit".

At first I just modifed the meta/receipes-sato/image/core-image-sato.bb
file to include it.  That caused the webkit to be built.

Since that is not an ideal location, I removed it and put it into the
local.conf file.  That also caused the webkit to be built, but I wanted
it to be part of my BSP permanently.

I thought about creating a core-image-sato.bbappend file with the
IMAGE_INSTALL += "web-webkit" in it and put that into the BSP, but that
didn't cause the webkit to be built. Under the meta-intel/meta-n450
directory, I created a receipes-jfa directory and put the
core-image-sato.bbappend file there.

I must be missing a key rule about directory parsing and .bbappend files.

Jim A