[yocto] hob usage

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:56:43 PST 2012

I have a question about hob usage.  I understand the basics of hob and
how it adds packages.  I also understand how it will parse through my
local.conf and include any extra packages that I may have included by
using IMAGE_INSTALL += <package>.

I've found that if I start with a clean BSP and use hob to add a
package, it will allow me to save that configuration anywhere.  I'm not
sure where I should save it.  It contains the IMAGE_INSTALL for the
packages I've selected, but is also includes a 'require' statement,
which seems to have a relative path, like:

require recipes-sato/images/core-image-sato.bb

Where is the location I should save the hob configuration file? I know
that if I save it outside my poky directory, the package will not be
included, so it's important where it goes.

Jim A