[yocto] Unable to set system clock

Navani Kamal Srivastava NAVANI.Srivastava at lnties.com
Tue Jan 10 04:57:31 PST 2012

Hi,

I am getting problem in changing system clock of my board.
On rebooting the board after changing time, I can see the new time in kernel boot messages like
"pmic_rtc pmic_rtc.1: setting system clock to 2012-01-10 18:22:15 UTC (1326219735) "

but again it used to reconfigure system clock. Kindly see the boot messages which comes after above mentioned message-
Configuring network interfaces... done.
Tue Jan 10 10:28:00 UTC 2012
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
Starting syslogd/klogd: done

So now on giving "date" command at prompt I am getting the same time which was there before
root at mx35pdk:~# date
Tue Jan 10 10:29:17 UTC 2012

What I am unable to understand is why this problem is coming with time only. Date is getting changed successfully.

I am pretty sure from hardware point of view because Ltib rootfs is working fine with this board.
Any replies would be appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,
Navani Kamal Srivastava

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.